Family Law Attorney
Contested Divorce Attorney Lawrenceville, Ga
LYNN LAW FIRM IN LAWRENCEVILLE, GEORGIA CAN ASSIST IN YOUR FAMILY LAW CASE.
A divorce is “contested” when the divorcing couple cannot agree on one or more major issues in their divorce. The most common disagreements revolve around the finances or children, such as custody, child support, and alimony. With the help of a divorce attorney, contested divorces can often be settled through negotiations.
In highly contested cases, negotiation is not always possible. For example, if both parties want to live in the marital residence or want to have primary custody of the children, sometimes a trial is necessary to resolve the issue. With a contested divorce, clients can expect Lynn Law Firm to take the following steps to finalize the divorce:
- Prepare, file and serve (deliver) the divorce complaint, which is the legal paperwork asking the court for the divorce and stating the grounds for the breakdown of the marriage
- Respond to the complaint for divorce, if the other party is the person who filed for divorce
- Perform divorce discovery, which is the information gathering process that includes various legal procedures to get information from your spouse and third party witnesses (e.g., written questions, subpoenas, and depositions)
- Negotiate settlement proposals between attorneys
- Make pre-trial legal motions and hearings
- Recommend mediation, if it would be beneficial in the case
- Prepare for the hearing
- Presentation of your case at the hearing.
Contact an Experienced Divorce Attorney in Gwinnett County, Georgia.
When your divorce is contested, you should speak with an experienced divorce attorney who can inform you of your legal rights and advocate for you. Retaining June Lynn of the Lynn Law Firm means you have an experienced trial attorney to argue your case in court, mediation or negotiations. Contact Lynn Law Firm, LLC at 770-212-9090 for a consultation.
Lynn Law Firm
295 S. Culver St., Ste B,
Lawrenceville, GA 30046